- All firearms must be cased & unloaded when entering the store or range (excluding concealed carry firearms and law enforcement in uniform).
- Always keep firearms pointed downrange. Treat all firearms as if they are loaded.
- Keep your firearm unloaded until you are ready to shoot.
- Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
- Open carry is prohibited.
- Anyone displaying unsafe actions will be warned to correct their behavior and/or be asked to leave.
AMMUNITION / FIREARM REQUIREMENTS
- All firearms must have proper sights.
- All ammo is subject to inspection. Tracer, armor piercing & buckshot are prohibited for use on range.
- Outside rifle ammunition is prohibited beginning 9/24/16. Rifle ammo must be purchased at Colonial Shooting Academy.
- All centerfire ammunition must be jacketed, hollow point or soft tip.
- Shotguns without a shoulder stock are not allowed. Only slugs are permitted for use in shotguns.
- No rifles over .30 caliber are allowed.
- All persons must successfully complete the Range Safety & Etiquette briefing, present a valid government picture ID, a complete Range Use Agreement/Waiver prior to using the firing ranges.
- Minors (under the age of 18) must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times while in the facility.
- Children must be at least 10 years old to shoot a firearm.
- Pregnant women and service animals are not allowed on the shooting ranges.
- Non-immigrant visa aliens are prohibited from purchasing ammo and renting firearms and must be accompanied by a US Citizen, unless you have a valid hunting license.
- Never use drugs or alcohol before shooting. We reserve the right to refuse sale or to remove you from the range.
- Outside instruction is strictly prohibited, excluding contracts.
ON RANGE RULES
- Approved safety glasses & ear protection are mandatory before entering the range. Minors must use both ear muffs & plugs.
- A Range Safety Officer (RSO) must be present at all times on range.
- If a cease-fire is called, take your finger off the trigger, keep the gun pointed downrange & wait for further direction from the RSO.
- Only 1 firearm on the bench at a time. Do not pass any firearms from one lane to another.
- No drawing from a holster on Range 1, 2 or 3 outside of permitted times.
- Never more forward of the firing line or shooting booths.
- Do not shoot the walls or target carriers. Do not cross-fire at targets on other lanes. You will be held liable for damage. If you cannot control your fire, you may be asked to leave.
- All center fire rifles and rifle caliber pistols (velocity) must be shot at maximum distance.
- All rifles and full autos must be single shot or burst fire only, no mag dumps.
- If a malfunction occurs and you are unable to clear the problem, leave the gun on the shooting bench facing downrange, immediately ask RSO for assistance.
- Please inform the RSO if you intend to collect your own brass. The brass must be behind the firing line. All brass collected by the RSO is property of Colonial Shooting Academy.
- Smoking, vaping, eating & drinking are prohibited on the range at all times.
- AK/AR pistols must be fired with both hands, no hip fire.
Maintaining a safe environment is our utmost priority. Those who intentionally or unintentionally violate safety rules will be given one warning. After the first warning, the shooter will be removed from the premises without a refund. The shooter may also be liable for damages to the range. Colonial Shooting Academy reserves the right to refuse the use of the range or service to any person for any reason.