The Patrol Rifle course is required for Armed Security Officers who have access to or will be using a patrol rifle during the course of their duties. The Security Officer Handgun course (75 E) is a prerequisite for taking the patrol rifle training. This is a 2 day (16 hour) class.
The patrol rifle training will include but not limited to:
- Firearms safety
- Civil and criminal liability
- Rifle handling techniques
- Fundamentals of rifle marksmanship
- Field stripping and cleaning
- Use of force
- Shooting positions
- Low-light shooting
- Transitions from handgun to rifle and rifle to handgun
- Clearing malfunctions
Course Time: 16 hours
Advance sign-up is required, and your seat will ONLY be reserved upon receipt of payment.