CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE
Full time – open availability preferred to include some nights and weekends
Membership & Events
The Customer Service Associate will act as the front line to the customer by welcoming new and returning customers. They create the first impression of the company brand and provide un-paralleled customer service. It is important that customers are greeted by an employee that is knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the brand and CSA services. Therefore, the schedule for this position is scheduled for peak times and weekends. This role is rewarding, fun, important and interactive.
- Greet arriving and departing customers with customer first attitude: What brings you in today? What services best benefit this customer?
- Sell CSA memberships, training classes, personal instruction and NRA Memberships
- Enroll customers in training classes and personal instruction either in-person or by telephone
- Provide brief tours to new customers to familiarize them with the products and services of CSA
- Answer telephone and direct calls to appropriate staff
- Sell non-firearm purchases at POS, while continuing to greet arriving and departing customers
- Answer customer inquiries and direct customers to appropriate staff if not equipped to help customer directly
- Request re-ordering of office supplies as needed by Head Cashier or Operations Office staff
- Keep front desk and counter clean and tidy at all times
- Collaborate with Head Cashiers as needed
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Formal Education & Certification
- High School Degree or equivalency, some college preferred
- Some form of sales background is preferred but not required
- Firearms background and customer service preferred
Skills & Abilities
- Friendly, motivated and enthusiastic with a professional appearance and demeanor at all times
- Multi-task in a faced-paced environment
- Ethical, punctual and reliable
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
The required physical demands to perform the essential functions of this job include the ability to stand for long periods of time, walking, hearing, seeing, use of hands and arms and the use of legs to lift. Additionally, the employee must physically be able to hold, lift and operate all types of firearms. This individual must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee can expect to regularly work in an environment that provides for high levels of noise, dust and possible exposure to lead.