SAFETY IS THE NUMBER ONE PRIORITY
Here are some rules to keep in mind while on the range:
- Treat all firearms as if they were loaded.
- Keep firearms pointed downrange at all times.
- Keep your firearm unloaded until you are ready to shoot.
- Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
- Only one firearm is allowed on the bench at a time.
- When your gun is on the bench keep the cylinder open or slides locked back.
- Do not pass loaded firearms from one booth to another.
- Never cross the firing line. Do not crossfire at targets on other lanes.
- No drawing from the holster on the range.
If a malfunction occurs and you cannot clear the problem, leave the firearm on the shooting bench and ask the RSO for help. Do not leave the firing line with a loaded or malfunctioning firearm. Report any negligent discharges or damage to equipment immediately.
If a ceasefire is called, unload your firearm with the cylinder open, or slides locked back, and step back from the shooting position. Anyone displaying unsafe actions will be warned to correct their behavior, and/or be asked to leave.
RANGE SAFETY OFFICER ON RANGE
A Range Safety Officer (RSO) is always present on every open range. The RSO’s job is to maintain safety at all times and to enforce the range rules. Colonial Shooting Academy reserves the right to refuse the use of the range or service to any person for any reason. Our friendly and knowledgeable RSOs will be happy to assist in any situation, please do not hesitate to ask.