ABOUT GUN TRANSFERS
We recommend before you decide to buy a firearm elsewhere, please stop by or call us to see if we can save you money. Many times we can get you a better price because we can help save the FFL transfer and shipping fees by ordering the firearm direct.
Colonial Shooting Academy can facilitate the transfer of incoming firearms for eligible customers: US citizens with a valid Virginia Driver’s License and proof of current Virginia residency of 30 days or longer.
It is store policy that you must be 21 or older to enlist our gun transfer services.
Once your transfer has arrived at Colonial Shooting Academy, please allow 24-48 hours to process your transfer. Once your transfer has been processed we will call to arrange a pick-up.
HOW TO BEGIN A FIREARM TRANSFER
1. Buyer MUST fill out FFL to FFL Transfer Form. All fields must be completed.
2. Email form to FFLTRANSFERS@colonialshooting.com or drop it off in store to begin your transfer.
GUN TRANSFER FEES
$20/ per gun thereafter within same transfer
$10/ per gun thereafter within same transfer
NFA TRANSFERS $75
TYPES OF TRANSFERS
LOCAL TO LOCAL GUN TRANSFER
A local to local transfer is when a local person is selling a firearm to another and both parties want to ensure the transaction is conducted legally. This protects both parties involved.
- To do this type of transfer, both parties must come into the store. The seller/owner will bring the gun in to be transferred and their identification. We will receive the gun from them and log it into our books and give them a receipt showing it has been transferred to us.
- The buyer/receiver can come in at the same time as the seller or can come at a later time. The buyer will fill out the federal and state firearm purchase forms and present the proper current identification. We will process the background check and, upon successful completion, transfer the firearm to the new owner.
LONG DISTANCE GUN TRANSFER
A long distance transfer is when a seller is too far away to bring the item in person. This is common when someone purchases a gun through an auction service, from a distant gun store or receives a firearm from an out of state party.
- The shipping dealer/individual MUST enclose an ink signed copy of their FFL or state identification along with an invoice or packing slip indicating the purchaser’s name, phone number, and firearm details, including the serial number of the firearm being shipped to us.